Thursday, November 29, 2012

The sun rises in the East, and sets in the West, everyday


It just seems like everyday I have to explain to daughter #2 that the sun rises in East and set in the West. Our nightly conversation is always about the same thing: her jobs. This is something I can't understand. It is not like these jobs have ever really changed for the past 5 years. She sweeps the floor and takes out the trash from our kitchen and bathroom. Then every day I check and guaranteed she  forgets to do at lease one of those jobs. She then explains that "she knows", "she is", "she was", or "that is not fair"

Tonight the kicker, she is sitting in front of the computer screen when I ask "have you swept yet" and she gives me "I am". At that point I complemented her on her talent to sweep while sitting in front of the computer. Then I banned her from the computer for the night. She disgustedly swept while I said "the sun rises in the east"

5 things to tell your daughter when she refuses to do her jobs.

1) Look I can sell you to the gypsy family across the street.

2) Hey you can do your sisters jobs too.

3) That is OK I'll just put the garbage in your bed

4) You know what else isn't fair, LIFE! Now get your jobs done.

5) We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Oh and you won't like the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment