The family was traveling to see my family in Wisconsin a couple weeks ago, and my wife had a bunch of work to do. I decided to buy a power inverter so she could fire up her laptop. Here is one that I didn't buy, can you figure out why?
Sunday, December 23, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Need to admit that this idea is not mine, but my doctors. My wife had been after me for at least 7 years to go to the doctor. I really was holding out hoping that she would forget, and just leave me alone. She didn't. After many comments about me dying early and not being around long enough to see my kids have their kids, I finally made an appointment.
I knew going into the appointment that my blood pressure was pretty high. In fact so high when the doctor saw the blood pressure numbers, he stopped they question he was asking me about exercise and started telling me something I had never knew. Carbohydrates are toxic.
He went on to say what he sees most in his patients today is the effects of carb overdoses. He went on to tell me to keep my carb intake between 50 and 150 grams per day. Must say at that point I was thinking there is no way. I love carbs, and I just can't do it.
Just when I was thinking I would ignore him, he added "lets make an appointment for the spring if you can get these numbers down we won't put you on a pill." He now had my attention. I couldn't ignore his advice.
- Got an app called Lose It for my phone and kindle fire. I started to figure out what I should and shouldn't be eating.
- Kept track of what I was eating, and looking specifically at the carb content for everything.
- Modified my diet. Best part I can still eat most of my favorite foods, just in smaller amounts.
- Started eating between 50 and 150 grams of carbs per day. I am not perfect, but most days I am under 150.
I dropped 10 points off both the top and bottom blood pressure number in a month, and it has kept dropping.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Tonight the kicker, she is sitting in front of the computer screen when I ask "have you swept yet" and she gives me "I am". At that point I complemented her on her talent to sweep while sitting in front of the computer. Then I banned her from the computer for the night. She disgustedly swept while I said "the sun rises in the east"
5 things to tell your daughter when she refuses to do her jobs.
1) Look I can sell you to the gypsy family across the street.
2) Hey you can do your sisters jobs too.
3) That is OK I'll just put the garbage in your bed
4) You know what else isn't fair, LIFE! Now get your jobs done.
5) We can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Oh and you won't like the hard way.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
I will be honest I am surrounded by women in my house, and I just don't get any of them! Start with my wife, the love of my life. She has hit her mid life crisis. Now she is quitting her job teaching at a community college to stay home with daughter 5, or is she.
It has been a tumultuous couple weeks at our house. She has gone from wanting the job she is quitting, to wanting to stay home with the girls. Every day a new option.
If this ever happens to you here are 5 things you should never do:
1) start any sentence with "this is what I would do".
2) in fact never offer any advice.
3) mention anything about the previous days money making options. Especially in the context of it being a good option.
4) never ask if it would be best if she just stays at the job she is at for now.
5) never ever bring up how much she really wanted this job.